Friday, April 17, 2009

So an epiphany hits me during a nap...

So today I got a nap in and during which I had a revelation of sorts-well of sports. Baseball is so great in the thought that each day is a new day. Sure statistics and standards are cumulative, but yesterday was yesterday and the last game is over. Now, I come to the plate 0-0 and my team is tied 0-0 starting the top of the first. We get another shot, we are reborn each day and given a clean slate to be contenders again We get another opportunity to have people say, "Wow, these guys could beat anyone on any given night." This is one of the greatest things I love about baseball. I disagree that it's boring and argue with the people that can't stand to watch each pitch, each night. Do you not understand that the play of the game or turning point of the season could happen on any play/pitch? Ask any team that lost their star to injury in a single instance. And as I turn the channel to the Twins game, here they are, starting a new game in a new series, tied 0-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment