Monday, January 12, 2009

Bigger than games...

So many times in our lives today do we over look what is truly important, our family and friends, for what is hot right now. I get trapped in what I'm doing some of the time, and I really hate myself sometimes for that. A player of mine lost a brother on Friday morning and I spent the weekend still coaching and spending time with my players, but I missed out on two more bed times, a bunch of giggles and smiles and thousands of memories with my own girls. I often worry that I'm working too much and am missing too much...but I know that if we sacrifice now it will allow me to enjoy them that much more further down the road. But with the passing of a 4 year old, you have to wonder how much road do we each have left and how much savoring of time do we need to do now.

WM

No comments:

Post a Comment